If you are thinking of selling your home because of financial difficulties and you anticipate a short sale, first contact your lender to see if it has any programs to help you stay in your home.
Your lender may agree to a modification such as:
• Refinancing your loan at a lower interest rate
• Providing a different payment plan to help you get caught up
• Providing a forbearance period if your situation is temporary
When a loan modification still isn’t enough to relieve your financial problems…
A short sale could be your best option if:
• Your property is worth less than the total mortgage you owe on it.
• You have a financial hardship, such as a job loss or major medical bills.
• You have contacted your lender and it is willing to entertain a short sale.
Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative “HAFA”
For information on this government sponsored program visit http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/programs/exit-gracefully/Pages/hafa.aspx?
Contact Us for a free consultation regarding short sales.
A short sale may have credit or legal consequences and may result in taxable income to Seller. The Seller is advised to seek advice from an attorney, certified public accountant or other expert regarding such potential consequences of a short sale.
San Luis Obispo County