Oak Shores Information
OAK LEAVES NEWS
Check out the latest addition of the Oak Leaves Newsletter and stay up-to-date on all news and events for the Oak Shores community including important announcements and activities including events and more!
LOCATION OF OAK SHORES
In beautiful oak covered foothills east of Hearst Castle, Oak Shores is an easy and beautiful drive from Paso Robles over approximately twenty-five miles of good, paved roads. Click here for directions and a map.
CONVEYANCE OF PROPERTY TO PURCHASER
By Grant Deed.
Conventional, private and seller carry-back, some with excellent terms.
Available at the shores of Lake Nacimiento and close by, up in the hills.
Four tract maps (851 lots) have been recorded, covering a total of 328 acres. Over 70% of these lots have homes built on them, with a mix of full-time and part-time residents.
Subdivision has been zoned “L”, recreational zoning, as a planned, private development.
All underground – Electric, Water, Sewer, Telephone.
- Water – Nacimiento Water Company, a public utility. Water usage is metered and paid annually for part-time residents and quarterly for full-time residents.
- Electricity – Underground service to each lot provided by Pacific Gas & Electric.
- Telephone – Underground service to each lot provided by SBC.
- Sewer – Sewer system operated by San Luis Obispo County and owned by property owners.
- Trash – Weekly pickup (each Tuesday) provided by San Miguel Disposal Company.
- Television & Internet – Access is via satellite subscription service.
Annual taxes are based on Proposition 13 at 1% of selling price with sewer availability charge and outstanding government bonds added. (Estimate property taxes by multiplying selling price of homes by 1.3% and lots by 1.5%). This difference is due to the sewer charge.
With the purchase of property at Oak Shores, owners automatically become members of Oak Shores Community Association (OSCA), a non-profit California Corporation. The greenbelt areas, clubhouse, boat ramp, marina, parking areas, gate house, roads and all recreational facilities are owned and maintained by OSCA. Dues are assessed by OSCA to cover these maintenance costs. Click here to view Community Guideline*, CC&R’s* or By-Laws* for Oak Shores.
All Lake Nacimiento boat dock owners are subject to the Monterey County annual licensing fee. New docks must go through the Oak Shores Architectural Review for authorization prior to installation. Only designated lots have the right to moor a dock adjacent to the property.
All plans must be approved by the OSCA Architectural Review Committee and San Luis Obispo County. Click here for a copy of the ARC Guidelines*.
- Lake – 5,370 acres, 165 miles of shoreline, 17.3 miles long at surface elevation of 800 feet. Summertime lake temperatures average in the mid to high 70’s. Popular for swimming, boating, water-skiing and fishing.
- Clubhouse – 4800 sq. ft. Contains kitchen facilities, dining and bar area, multipurpose room for meetings, parties (capacity 192) and dining (capacity 90), library/ fitness room and OSCA office.
- Guarded Entry Gate – for privacy and security.
- Swimming Pool – fenced swimming pool adjoins the clubhouse and picnic area.
- Marina – Approximately 66 boat slips (first-come, first-served basis), 144 privately owned slips, plus landing facilities, including reinforced concrete ramps.
- Campground – provided for property owners’ use on an advanced reservation basis. It is owned privately, with operating costs paid by OSCA. Six electric sites are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Miniature Golf Course – Volunteer-built 18 hole course.
- Fish – Large mouth bass, small mouth bass, white bass, bluegill, crappie, catfish. Stocked in 1991 with 35,000 Florida large mouth bass.
Oak Shores has its own volunteer fire department (San Luis Obispo County Company 34) and is equipped with fire engines and a fire boat. Fire hydrants are located throughout the community. A California Division of Forestry Station is approximately 10 miles away.
Equipped medical rescue vehicle and Emergency Medical Technicians are on call 24 hours. Emergency transportation is available by ambulance or Sheriff’s helicopter. Twin Cities Hospital is approximately 40 miles away in Templeton.
San Miguel Joint Union School District serves elementary students at Cappy Culver School near Heritage Ranch and middle school students at Lillian Larsen in San Miguel. Paso Robles Union School District serves high school students.
Oak Hill Market Complex is approximately 17 miles from Oak Shores. There is Oak Hill Market, Fill ‘N’ Save gas station, Rock N Robles Pizza, Cafe Naga, Lakeside Veterinary Clinic, Paso Robles Physical Therapy, and First Choice Physician’s Care. Other shopping is 25 miles away in Paso Robles.
*Oak Shores Realty makes no representation as to the accuracy or timeliness of these documents.