If you’d like to sell your Lake Nacimiento home this summer, give me a call! As a Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, I can help answer all of your questions about selling and about the current real estate market, and I can help guide you through the entire process.
There are some common mistakes that home sellers tend to make, especially when it is their first time selling! Here are some to know and avoid:
1. Going it alone. In this blog post, I discuss why it’s smart to work with a professional, experienced Lake Nacimiento real estate agent when selling your home. Marketing and showing a property is a full-time job, not to mention the pricing and negotiating. Sellers who work with agents tend to sell for a higher price!
2. Pricing it too high. You want the best price for your home, but if you price it too high, it might sit on the market for a while, derailing your moving plans. Plus, buyer interest is highest when it first lists. If you have to lower the price several times, buyers might think something is wrong with it. Price it right from the beginning! I can help you do that based on current market statistics.
3. Not negotiating. If an offer comes in lower than you had hoped, that doesn’t mean you can’t negotiate and counter the offer until you’re happy with the results. Or, you can wait for a better offer. But don’t let stubbornness cause your home to sit on the market. You may need to compromise. Again, based on market statistics, I can offer my suggestions on how to negotiate and what is worth accepting.
4. Not thoroughly cleaning. Professional photos can only do so much if you’re not willing to clean, stage and prepare your home for a sale. The first steps are to declutter and deep clean everywhere in the home, because potential buyers look everywhere! Then stage and neutralize the décor.
5. Not planning for showings. Last-minute showings are inconvenient, but you never know which one will lead to a sale. As a seller, it’s important to plan ahead for showings and open houses. Plan where you will go and what you will take with you. If you have kids or pets, decide what will keep them satisfied while away. Have things packed for a quick escape.
6. Being stubborn about changes. If your agent tells you that something in the house is an eyesore, or that the majority of buyers are turned off by the same issue, take the criticism to heart and consider changing, replacing or fixing whatever issue it is. Not every buyer loves the same things you do!
When ready to sell your home in the Lake Nacimiento real estate market, give our Oak Shores Realty team a call. We can help guide you through the entire home-selling process so that you feel confident with the process and with your listing, and you feel satisfied with the offer you accept. Give us a call today!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.