We recently looked at how to deal with less than favorable offers on your Lake Nacimiento home for those of you who are selling your home this fall, and I hope those tips were helpful to you! Selling your home in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch can be a smooth transaction if you approach the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market armed with appropriate expectations.
Doing some of your own research and working closely with a trusted Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent can ensure your home is sold in an efficient manner. However, there are some common mistakes that you’ll want to be sure to avoid when it comes to selling your home. Take a few minutes to review these six home selling blunders so you can be sure to steer clear of making the same mistake!
1. Thinking your home is the exception– While you may have a beautiful home on Lake Nacimiento that offers stunning lake views; this alone will not sell your home. It’s easy to get emotionally attached to your home and feel that the time, energy and money you’ve invested makes it worth every penny of the selling price. However, to help your home sell in today’s market, you will need to price it competitively or else it will get overlooked.
2. Not checking your agent’s references– Your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent will play a vital role in getting your home sold. You’ll want to be sure to choose your real estate agent carefully by checking their references, reviewing their testimonials and looking at their home selling record.
3. Not scouting the competition– Getting an idea of your competition- what the homes are like and what they’re selling for- is imperative for pricing your home correctly. It will also give you a realistic view of the current Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market and what you can expect from your home sale. Your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent will provide you with a list of “comps” (comparable homes that are currently on the market or that have sold recently), which will also help you get an idea of how your home will fare on the market.
4. Not prepping the property– Selling a home in today’s real estate market means having it in prime condition. Whether it’s a fresh coat of paint, cosmetic repairs or removing clutter from your home, making sure your home shows well to buyers is key. Buyers want to know the home is in move-in ready condition, so they can easily begin enjoying their Lake Nacimiento home from the moment they move in.
5. Being present during an open house– You’ll want to leave your home anytime there’s an open house or showing. This allows the buyers to feel at ease and to talk freely with their real estate agent about the home. They will also feel more free to explore the house and take their time envisioning themselves in your home.
6. Taking negotiations personally– Like I mentioned in the last blog post, you can’t take offers on your home or negotiations personally. While you do have a lot invested in your Lake Nacimiento home, the emotional ties you have need to be kept at bay. This will give you the opportunity to think clearly and be flexible with what the buyers is looking for and can make the negotiation process run smoothly.
I hope these tips give you even more clarity and insight into selling your Lake Nacimiento home! I’d love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your home selling needs. I have over thirteen years of experience in working with buyers and sellers in the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market and can ensure your Lake Nacimiento home gets sold!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty