Living on Lake Nacimiento allows residents to enjoy the natural beauty all around them. Beautiful pine and oak trees, the rippling lake water and fresh air are what spur many to buy a home on Lake Nacimiento. Not only do those residing in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch homes soak in their environment, but the small woodland creatures, variety of birds and deer take in the nature surrounding them. We want to keep Lake Nacimiento and the environment as well preserved and beautiful as possible!
As we all enjoy the holiday season, the bright lights that decorate Lake Nacimiento homes, and cooler weather; there are still ways to be mindful of the energy we’re using. Each Lake Nacimiento home can take part in energy efficiency that will keep our cherished environment intact. Below are just a few ways to be sure you’re saving energy this winter season.
1. Set the Timer– Set your thermostat to lower temperatures while you’re away from your Lake Nacimiento home or while you’re sleeping. This will automatically help reduce energy used as well as costs just by programming your thermostat.
2. Let the Sunshine In– During the day, be sure to leave blinds and curtains open to let in the sunlight and natural heat. At night, shut them to help “trap” the warmth.
3. Light a Fire– It’s amazing how a fire in your fireplace can heat up a room instantly! Consider lowering your thermostat on cooler evenings and lighting a fire instead.
4. Bundle Up– Feeling chilled? Instead of turning up the thermostat, throw on a pair of socks or an extra layer. These small choices to not turn up the heat can really add up in energy savings!
5. Switch our Your Lights– From lamps to the Christmas tree, all of your lights can be changed out for energy efficient LED lights! With the sun setting earlier, you’ll be using your indoor lights more often. Also, the festivity of the season’s decorations can spike energy bill. LED Christmas lights can cut back on costs and energy usage.
6. Stop Leaks– Check all doors and windows for drafts. You can easily seal windows and doors to prevent the warm air from your Lake Nacimiento home escaping while making sure the cool air doesn’t leak in!
7. Unplug– Not using an appliance? Unplug it! The Department of Energy notes that, even if appliances are not being used, they are still using energy. 40% of electricity used for your home electronics is used when they’re turned off, but still plugged in. Getting in the habit of unplugging will be prove to be a smart habit in the long run!
As you celebrate the holidays and go throughout the winter season on Lake Nacimiento; I hope you consider making these changes! Start with a few and add in a new one each week to ensure each new habit “sticks.” While seemingly minor, these are all the little things we can be doing each day to preserve and protect our natural surroundings on Lake Nacimiento!
If you have any questions about Lake Nacimiento or the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market; please let me know! I work with both buyers and sellers in the Oak Shores and Heritage Ranch communities and enjoy helping them through the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market. Feel free to contact me anytime!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!