If you’re in the process of selling your Oak Shore or Heritage Ranch home on Lake Nacimiento, you’ve probably wondered what action you can take to help make your home stand out on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market. With many beautiful homes currently available on Lake Nacimiento, selling your home may seem like a daunting task. However, hosting great open houses that showcase what your home has to offer can be a great way to help get your home sold!
As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I can assure you that a successful showing of your home is very important. Buyers may have browsed through the pictures of your home online, but seeing it in person is where they can really begin to envision the possibility of calling it “home.” Not sure where to start? Check out these five tips for holding a successful open house!
1. First Impressions– Believe it or not, a nice doormat or attractive porch can really set the tone for the entire open house. If there’s an old doormat, chipped paint or nothing special about the entrance to your home, buyers may feel that you don’t really care. A welcoming setting from the start will instantly let buyers know that your home is cared for and that each area of your home is well-maintained.
2. Make it Generic– It’s great to make your home personal; however your pictures, children’s art or your “to do” list on the refrigerator can be a large distraction to potential buyers. They need to be able to envision themselves in your home, so putting away those personal items will help buyers picture their life in your Lake Nacimiento home.
3. Clear Counters– Look at your kitchen or bathroom counters from a outsiders viewpoint. Do you have too many appliances cluttering your kitchen counter? Clearing this space will give the appearance of more room for cooking or their own storage. If your bathroom counters are filled with perfumes, toothbrush holders, etc… take time to put them in cabinets or drawers so buyers can see the actual size of the space.
4. Get to the Heart– The best way to appeal to the buyers’ heart is through offering something special when they walk in the door. Whether you bake fresh cookies, have coffee or hot chocolate for them on your counter, these added touches will set your home apart. Lighting a mildly scented candle and having your home appropriately heated for the day’s weather can make your home instantly feel comfortable to the Lake Nacimiento buyer.
5. Don’t Stick Around– While it may be tempting to want to hear what the potential buyers have to say, it can be awkward when the seller is present. They will feel that they can’t openly express their thoughts to the agent and will not feel as comfortable when looking throughout the home. Even if you take a walk through the neighborhood, being away from the home during an open house can make all the difference.
I hope these tips help you as you prepare for your next open house… hopefully it will be your last! Making sure your home is welcoming and appeals to a wide variety of buyers can make all the difference in selling your home.
If you’ve been considering selling your home, but have questions or are still searching for a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent; let me know! I’d enjoy taking the time to talk with you about getting your home sold!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!